Electrical, Automation and Instrumentation Engineer, Romania
Blue Projects is one of the most dynamic consulting firms, we focus and specialize on providing unique and bespoke Engineering and Project Management solutions for clients in the industrial sector.
To further our strategic business growth, we are looking for a sharp-minded and experienced Automation Engineer but at the same time wishful to lead the learning process above the conventional limits.
How the ideal candidate would look like?
- Technical University – Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electrical / Automation Engineering or equivalent (Control and Computer Control Systems, Mechatronic Engineering)
- Relevant experience in developing and commissioning process control applications: 3+ years.
- Demonstrated expertise in DCS/PLC architecture, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of the principles of operation, reliability, and performance characteristics of instrumentation, measurements, analyzers, and control valves
- Experience with process controls equipment including PLCs, DCSs, HMIs, SCADA systems, SQL relational database systems, and Network Hubs including debugging skills as well as Modbus, OPC, Profibus, and Ethernet IP
- Experience with writing software test plans, user requirement definitions and functional design documents/specifications
- Advanced level of English written and spoken, strong technical communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to automation and PLC programming (IEC 61131)
- Fundamental understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) systems and High Hazard Processes.
- Knowledge of communications between machine PLCs and database systems (corporate ERP integration platforms, MES/IT systems)
- Willingness to travel for project assignments
What are the responsibilities?
- Reviews customer specifications and requirements for the automation and control system Providing electrical/controls/automation technical support and execution of projects/assignments from initial concept to final closeout.
- Compiles full list of instrumentation based on P&IDs, defines control loops and develops IO lists
- Designs the architecture of the control system (concept and detailed): PLCs, HMI, network, SCADA
- Designs the electrical control panels (MCCs, marshalling board)
- Writes technical specifications, compiles Bill of Materials, develops drawings and layouts of the control system, automation panels, MCCs
- Writes User Requirement definition & Functional Design specifications for the control software
- Manages the complete life cycle of automation / SCADA engineering tasks including review of customer engineering documents, preparation of technical scope documents
- Communication integration, development of PLC (Programmable logic controller) programming with IEC61131-3 programming language for complex sequence of operation, development of automation system description and testing procedures.
- Application of IEC61850 and TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol) network protocols, configuration of data concentrator for power monitoring / management systems.
- Supports system test in Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and supports the commissioning process
TOP reasons why Blue Projects may be a strategic choice:
- International exposure, working with top blue-chip companies as MICHELIN, Kellogg, Carlsberg, IKEA.
- We won consecutively 1st place in the top 100 strongest construction companies in Romania
- Annual financial rewards and salary raises according to a solid and replicable performance appraisal program
- Real career opportunities and advancement perspectives within our supportive teams
- Smart, kind, and open to communication team environment
- Sports and relaxation services and a business health insurance
- Access to Linkedin Learning Platform
- Psychological and well-being services offered by a well-known provider
- Employee Assistance Program
Don’t meet every single requirement?
No worries, we are committed to building a proper place to grow talents and potential in our people, maybe your experience would be suitable for this or other roles.
We are warmly encouraging you to apply, you may be the missing piece in our puzzle.
- About Blue Projects
Blue Projects is a unique multidisciplinary and engineering company with high experience in all industry sectors. Our core services include Project Management, Construction Management, Design & Engineering, Commercial Management and Health & Safety Management. At Blue Projects, we believe that growing a great project management company happens from the inside out. It begins with people who are drawn to work that uses every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
- GDPR compliance:
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for 2 years.