Blue Projects is looking for a dedicated Electrical, Automation & Instrumentation Engineer for Romania, with excellent communication, planning and analytical skills.
- Reviews customer specifications and requirements for the automation and control system.
- Providing electrical/controls/automation technical support and execution of projects/assignments from initial concept to final closeout.
- Compiles full list of motors and actuators based on input received from process departments.
- Compiles full list of instrumentation based on P&IDs, defines control loops and develops IO lists.
- Designs the architecture of the control system (concept and detailed): PLCs, HMI, network, SCADA.
- Designs the electrical control panels (MCCs, marshalling board).
- Writes technical specifications, compiles Bill of Materials, develops drawings and layouts of the control system, automation panels, MCCs.
- Writes User Requirement definition & Functional Design specifications for the control software.
- Estimates labour, material, construction, and equipment costs for budget preparation.
- Manages the complete life cycle of automation / SCADA engineering tasks including review of customer engineering documents, preparation of technical scope documents.
- Provides direction to vendors and system integrators to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Participates in design reviews with the customer.
- Applies engineering principles, industry standards and knowledge to support the selection, development, implementation, commissioning, and validation of the successful operation of process control applications and solutions.
- Provides technical support for new project start-ups, test runs, and special procedures as needed.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects to improve manufacturing processes, quality and cycle time.
- Communication integration, development of PLC (Programmable logic controller) programming with IEC61131-3 programming language for complex sequence of operation, development of automation system description and testing procedures.
- Application of IEC61850 and TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol) network protocols, configuration of data concentrator for power monitoring / management systems.
- Supervises the site execution of the electrical control & automation system.
- Supports system test in Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and supports the commissioning process
- Prepare progress and technical reports as required.
- Maintains open communication and collaboration with other department team members, project and customers and follows HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) rules.
- Provide regular work status updates, including risks or concerns, to the department manager.
- Technical University – Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electrical / Automation Engineering or equivalent (Control and Computer Control Systems, Mechatronic Engineering)
- Relevant experience in developing and commissioning process control applications: 2+ years.
- Demonstrated expertise in DCS/PLC architecture, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of the principles of operation, reliability, and performance characteristics of instrumentation, measurements, analyzers, and control valves
- Experience with process controls equipment including PLCs, DCSs, HMIs, SCADA systems, SQL relational database systems, and Network Hubs including debugging skills as well as Modbus, OPC, Profibus, and Ethernet IP
- Experience with writing software test plans, user requirement definitions and functional design documents/specifications
- Ability to learn concepts and technical details of complex systems
- Ability to work independently, accepting ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Pro-active and self-motivated team player with strong engineering judgment skills
- Creativity and strong analytical skills to solve complex technical challenges with innovative solutions
- Advanced level of English – written and spoken, strong technical communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with electrical design software (AutoCAD, E-Plan)
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to automation and PLC programming (IEC 61131)
- Fundamental understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) systems and High Hazard Processes.
- Knowledge of communications between machine PLCs and database systems (corporate ERP integration platforms, MES/IT systems)
- Willingness to travel for project assignments and work abroad
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for 2 years.
Blue Projects is a unique multidisciplinary and engineering company with high experience in all industry sectors. Our core services include Project Management, Construction Management, Design & Engineering, Commercial Management and Health & Safety Management.
At Blue Projects, we believe that growing a great project management company happens from the inside out. It begins with people who are drawn to work that uses every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.