Blue Projects was appointed by Kellogg to provide full EPCM services for the Chopin Project, which is being set to expand the production capacity of the Pringles factory in Poland. The new manufacturing line – the fourth installed at the Kutno factory – represents a 110 million euro investment and will help Kellogg meet the growing demand for Pringles products across Europe. Housed in a 21,000m² building, the line will increase production capacity by 34%, to approximately 60,000 tonnes per year.
The project scope covers the following additions to the Kutno factory:
– Production building of 21,000 m²
– Can-Making building extension to allow for the expansion of can-making production
– Centralized office, canteen, locker and changing room space
– Operational area identified for future auto-manipulation use
– Utility buildings with N+1 redundancy for Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
In the past 5 years, Blue Projects has delivered the first three manufacturing lines in Kutno, providing Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) services. Project Carolus (2013-2015) handled the installation of the first two manufacturing lines, while Project Napoleon (2015-2017) dealt with the third line.